The purpose of the annual Toronto Garlic Festival is to:
– Be a place for festival visitors to relax and have fun with family and friends;
– Promote the health benefits of Ontario garlic;
– Build a stronger connection between urban communities and rural agriculture;
– Educate and encourage home cooks and chefs to use Ontario produce (including garlic) in their cooking;
– Encourage Ontario farmers and urban gardeners to grow more garlic, including rare and heirloom varieties.
A portion of the festival proceeds will be directed to Seed to Table, a project of Tides Canada.
For Toronto Garlic Festival we helped modify a premium WordPress theme to fit their special needs and help them easily manage their content. We added several new shortcodes and a widget to help them manage and display their sponsors’ logos.